A Link to the Past...

Being a grown up can be a challenge. Some of us take to it better than others but I'm sure we all have something we wish we could still do. Every time we think about it makes us all warm and toasty inside. We look back and sigh...

For me it's video games! I know... Such slothfulness, such irresponsibility. Useless time sucker of a diversion. For me it's not necessarily the games themselves its the time I spent with people I love so much playing them. We came across our first system late in life and what a wonder it was. My brother purchased it off of a friend along with some games for around 8 bucks. And our young lives were changed forever; for in that batch of games we found a game to end all games.
The Legend of Zelda Link to the Past.

To this day I can still navigate the entire game by memory. The time I spent with my siblings solving the dungeons and finding the treasure is still one if my favorite memories. Back in those days we couldn't look up the Gamefaqs, it was all us. I still like to leave the cheats until I am absolutely stuck. All the Zelda games are one player games but we learned to put our heads together and outthink the puzzles. For those of you who would say you learn nothing from video games; I can tell you from experience we learned a lot about team work, time management and sharing. We all ended up playing it through at least once on our own and it lead to many other games that I love just as much, but that first run as a team will always be my favorite.

It may sound like a silly something to a lot of you but to me it is something I will always hold near and dear to my heart. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will find the time to play Zelda games again... Maybe I will...I like to think so at least.

Comments

  1. That's so cool!
    I remember our first game system. We engaged in friendly competition trying to beat each other's high scores. :) We used to gather around and take turns. We had no idea how to talk competition trash, but we gave it a good-natured try. My mom had the highest score on Miss Pac-Man. But Galaga was my favorite. I knew I could never reach my Dad's and Matt's competing high scores. I usually died in the seventh level. I watched my Dad play once and said, "Wow, I didn't know there was a level twenty!" Though I was very proud of myself for reaching level ten at least once. :) The family memories it brings back. It really isn't the game, it's who you play and share it with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Allure Beauty Box| November 2018

Ipsy Bag November 2018

Baby Steps to Reducing Waste