Growing Confidence & Chopping Bangs

 

If I haven't mentioned it before, you should know that I am a penny pincher. I'm not as bad as I was, but I'm still pretty bad. It was from this penny pinching that my desire to learn to cut my own bangs was born. I am totally fine to go and have a professional cut the rest of my hair of course, but my bangs often need to be cut much more often.  

  As you can see they had gotten quite  
  long the last time I cut them.

So my quest began with YouTube! My technique is actually a combination of two great videos. The first is a tutorial from Bebexo on how to cut side swept bangs. The second is a video from JuliaGraf on how to cut piecey bangs. Combined, I get the exact results I want! Next I went to Ulta and picked up a pair of $11 shears and was ready to weed wack! I was slightly worried that first go that I would end with horribly mangled bangs but they actually turned out much better than I was expecting. In fact the last time I had my hair professionally cut, the stylist complemented me on my bang cutting skills.

If you are trying to save a few bucks by doing more yourself my best advice would be practice makes perfect. Take your time, especially if you are doing blunt bangs. Stop short if you aren't sure how short you want it. It's much easier to trim more later than to put it back on. 😉
If it doesn't turn out quite as you would have liked, keep looking for other ways you like better and don't be afraid to modify if you need to. Mistakes are ok and they don't last forever thankfully.I was really nervous to cut my own hair at first but after having done that I feel much more confident in my abilities in other areas of beauty as well. I've since braved the ugly winged eyeliner monster and the red lip fiend. All of which I never would have tried before because I lacked the confidence. 

   Here are my finished bangs. I prefer
   mine a tad long as you can tell.

Hope this was fun and helpful for you and maybe encouraged you to go out on a limb and try something new. Bye!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allure Beauty Box| November 2018

Ipsy Bag November 2018

Baby Steps to Reducing Waste